Wednesday 21 September 2011

Stydying B.Tech. (ECE). Jobs after this....


Dear Fresher Duniya Students,

A reader / student asked: I am doing my engineering in Vijayawada . I am studying 3rd year in ECE branch . till now I got 70% aggregate . I want to do job after my engineering as my family needs my help. I am interested on communication field . And also i have good knowledge about electronics. could you suggest me what are the jobs that I can get after my engineering. I want to do my MBA while doing job. please advice me.


Answer: There are plenty of job opportunities for the right candidates. As you are in the most demanding branch (ECE), you should be in the demanding position by the end of your course.

Your percentage of marks (70%) may not be enough considering the competition in job market today. As you need to settle in career after your Engineering, you must plan very carefully from now. First thing you concentrate on gaining some industry experience. Try to do 1 or 2 projects / internships.

* If you are in your 3rd year, you shall do a mini-project after 3rd year itself. Try to apply what you have learned in the college.
* And also concentrate on improving your communication and other soft skills.
* As per the NASSCOM guidelines, companies have to recruit the candidates when they in their 4th year only. Earlier companies used to come to placements at the end of third year. This change will give you more time to improve technical and soft skills.

One more important thing is... start searching and applying for companies for projects immediately. This is the right time companies look into interns for the coming summer. First identify the relevant companies to your branch and sort out them based on your preferences.

You shall think about MBA after gaining some real industry experience with BTech. Then only your MBA adds some value to your career. So, first get ready for your big first job.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

topads

Custom Search